Butter Ball Cookies can be whipped up quite quickly using ingredients you’ll likely have on hand: butter, sugar, an egg, coconut and SR flour.
My Butter Ball Cookies ended up with cracks on the top and flattened a little during cooking… so they’re not picture-perfect. But their rustic look comes hand in hand with that unbeatable homemade taste.
Nana Ling’s Butter Ball Cookies recipe
Keep scrolling for the tested and tweaked version.
Butter Ball Cookies
- 115 grams butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 1/2 cups SR flour
- little extra sugar and coconut (for rolling)
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add coconut and SR flour and combine well.
- Roll into balls and then roll in the extra coconut and sugar mixture.
- Place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Take from the freezer and place into pre-heated slow-moderate oven (I set my fan-forced oven to 155 degrees celsius).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Sprinkle a little of the leftover sugar-coconut mixture on cookies once cooled, if desired.