Butter Ball Cookies can be whipped up quite quickly using ingredients you’ll likely have on hand: butter, sugar, an egg, coconut and SR flour. My Butter Ball Cookies ended up with cracks on the top and flattened a little during cooking… so they’re not picture-perfect. But their rustic look comes hand in hand with that unbeatable homemade taste.
Nana Ling’s Butter Ball Cookies recipeKeep scrolling for the tested and tweaked version.
Butter Ball Cookies
Servings 18 biscuits
- 115 grams butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 1/2 cups SR flour
- little extra sugar and coconut (for rolling)
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add coconut and SR flour and combine well.
- Roll into balls and then roll in the extra coconut and sugar mixture.
- Place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Take from the freezer and place into pre-heated slow-moderate oven (I set my fan-forced oven to 155 degrees celsius).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Sprinkle a little of the leftover sugar-coconut mixture on cookies once cooled, if desired.