Halloween is here and these mini pumpkin Halloween cupcakes are definitely a treat.
We’ve used Nana Ling’s cupcake recipe and added some buttercream icing along with our marzipan model creations.
My kids are Halloween crazy and loved baking these and then creating some Halloween-themed marzipan models to add the final spooky touch to our cupcakes.
We bought a couple of blocks of marzipan from the baking section of our supermarket. We then divided it up and used food colouring – and a little kneading – to make the coloured marzipan. We turned to Google for some Halloween inspiration and then started creating our Halloween bits and pieces.
I went with some mini pumpkins, while the girls were keen to get a little more scary with ZOMBIES!
Nana Ling’s cupcake recipeKeep scrolling for the tested and tweaked version.
- 30 grams butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups SR flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add one egg at a time and beat.
- Mix in sifted flour and baking powder.
- Mix in milk then beat again for a minute.
- Pour into cupcake tins and cook for 12 minutes at 170 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
- Allow to cool and decorate with your favourite buttercream icing.
- See above for decorating inspiration using marzipan modelling.