This Chocolate Ripple Cake Recipe is perfect for those who want to impress with minimum effort. There’s absolutely no baking involved! And provided you plan ahead a little (it needs at least 6 hours standing time in the fridge) this is a simple, versatile and decadent dessert that absolutely anyone should be able to put together.
So, you may be wondering how on earth you get those lovely strips of chocolate cake without baking. Well, this “cake” involves a little trickery. If I wasn’t aware of how this sweet treat is made, I’m not sure I’d suspect that the “cake” is really just biscuits softened by the cream filling.
The hardest part of this recipe is putting the cookies together with the cream. We’ve added a short video below so you can see the easiest way to assemble the cake. The other thing you need to remember is to slice it diagonally to get that lovely striped pattern.
Chocolate Ripple Cake variations
Nana Ling suggests wine or passionfruit juice to flavour the cream. I’ve opted for Baileys Irish Cream here but you could add a number of other things, including vanilla essence or freshly brewed coffee.
Miss Z made her own kids version of the Chocolate Ripple Cake, using vanilla essence to flavour the cream and grated chocolate to decorate.
The kids version would also look super decorated with hundreds and thousands.
Ready to make your own Chocolate Ripple cake?
Here’s a video we’ve put together to reveal the magic behind this popular Aussie dessert (or you can keep scrolling to find the recipe below).
Nana Ling’s Choc Ripple Cake recipe
Keep scrolling for the tested and tweaked version.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- 1 packet choc ripple biscuits
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 2 Tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream (or wine or passionfruit juice)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Whip cream and Baileys or other flavouring until you can form firm peaks.
- Smear cream along serving plate. Smear biscuits thickly with cream and stand on edge to form a log.
- Cover the log with remaining cream and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Let stand overnight in fridge.
- Slice diagonally to serve.